Buy and finance Breitling Avenger Skyland watches
Have you already decided on a pre-owned model
from the Breitling Avenger Skyland
series? Then don’t wait any longer and secure your new dream watch now. At Watchmaster you can either pay directly via PayPal, by credit card, by instant bank transfer or you can choose to pay on finance
with one of our partner companies. Whichever option you choose, it won’t be long before you are holding your Avenger Skyland watch
in your hands.
Technical and visual features of the Avenger Skyland
The Breitling Avenger Skyland
is available in two different styles: The regular version (Ref. A13380
) is made of stainless steel, while the special limited edition of 2,000 pieces (Ref. M13380
) is made of black steel. The 45 mm wide case of the “Black Steel”
has been hardened by a special carbon-nitrite process, so that it is capable of withstanding even the strongest shocks and extreme weather conditions. The dial is available in classic blue as well as in black with white totalisers
or in metallic grey
. As with all Avenger models, the Avenger Skyland has the bezel tabs or “Rider Tabs” that are so loved by fans at 3, 6, 9 and 12 o'clock.
The Avenger Skyland series
also uses the same automatic movement
with calibre 13
, which is based on the ETA Valjoux 7750 and provides a 42-hour power reserve. Thanks to its high precision, this caliber has now established itself in Breitling chronographs and has been used in the Chronomat and the Old Navitimer, among others. As already seen on other Breitling diving watches, the crown is screwed in, thus guaranteeing water-resistance up to 300 metres.
Popular Breitling Avenger Skyland models
- The Breitling Avenger Skyland (Ref. A13380) is a convincing style with its black dial as well as the stainless steel case and bracelet. With a diameter of 45 mm, this model is especially suitable for larger wrists and with pre-owned watches costing approximately €2,000.
- The Avenger Skyland A13380R4 “Code Yellow” is very similar to the model mentioned above yet different still. A limited edition release with just 1,000 pieces made, this style comes with bar indices instead of Arabic numerals and are given a particularly sporty look by a yellow second hand, yellow hands on the totalisers and a black rubber strap. Pre-owned models range from approximately €3,000 to €3,500.
- The Avenger Skyland Limited Edition (Ref. M1338010) is undeniably distinctive. This style features a black case on a black rubber strap and feels sporty and flashy thanks to orange detailing on the dial. For models in good condition, you should budget approximately €3,300 for pre-owned models.
- As with the limited A13380R4 "Code Yellow" special edition, the Avenger Skyland Ref. A13380Q8 features a robust steel bracelet and Arabic indices. This model also has yellow hands on the totalisers and a yellow second hand. Prices for this model range from €3,000 to €4,000.
The history of the Avenger Skyland
Since its foundation in 1894, Breitling
has established itself predominantly as a manufacturer of pilot watches
. The company initially supplied the Royal Air Force with on-board clocks for their aircrafts and it was not until years later that also supplied wristwatches and chronographs for the pilots
. This led to successful series such as the Chronomat, with which the U.S. Army Air Force was once officially equipped, or the further developed version, the Navitimer, which quickly became Breitling's flagship model. What is less well known is that Breitling also dove into the depths of the sea and, in addition to its high-quality diving watches, began selling diving watches at the same time. The SuperOcean in particular set new standards for the time in terms of water resistance of up to 200 metres and overshadowed the competition from Omega or Rolex.
The Avenger Skyland: Diver and pilot watch all in one
The next logical step was to bring these series together. For example, the company launched the Breitling Avenger Skyland
, perfectly combining elements from both a diver's and pilot's watch
. The Skyland's origins lie in the Aeromarine
series, which in turn was a spin off from the Professional series to allow Breitling to focus on diving watches. In contrast to the Aeromarine, the Skyland takes inspiration from Breitling's military roots and, like the Super Avenger, features a wide case whose striking steel bezel and engraved numerals is a similar style to a diver's watch. On the other hand, the neat, uncluttered dial with its three totalisers and finely crafted hands are reminiscent of the chronometers Breitling once equipped pilots with.
The Avenger Skyland
was produced from 2007 to 2009, before the series was renamed “Avenger”
and was given minor visual updates. For example, the “Swiss Made” lettering was integrated into the dial. However, the Avenger did not last long either, and was replaced in 2013 by the Avenger II
, which modernised the design and now serves as a blueprint for numerous other models, including the Avenger II GMT or the Avenger II Seawolf, which is water resistant up to 3,000 metres.
Discover these other popular series
- The Avenger was produced from 2010 to 2013, before Breitling updated the model again and launched the Avenger II. With a lighter titanium case and engraved bezel, it offers the ultimate combination of luxury and functionality and is therefore the mainstay of the collection.
- If you are looking for something a little bit different in your Breitling diver’s watch, the SuperOcean might just be what you’re looking for. In 1957, the company launched the first diving watch in this series, and with a water resistance of up to 200 metres, it outperformed all of its competitors at the time. These watches are now water-resistant to 1,000 metres and are among Breitling's most popular models.
- Following the success of the SuperOcean, Breitling launched the TransOcean in 1958. However, the connection is a little deceptive at first. These models are not diving watches, but rather an elegant variation of the Navitimer. Designed for gentlemen who valued the understated, the TransOcean Chronograph still comes up trumps with their technical specifications.
- In recent times, Breitling has also become increasingly involved in motorsport and has become an exclusive partner of Bentley. During the course of this collaboration the Breitling for Bentley collection was created, offering new fans luxurious, distinctive timepieces at fairly affordable prices.